Thursday, September 3, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

There were times last year, where I would have traded classes. 

There were times last year where I felt if certain students were sick, I would rejoice.

There were times last year when I wanted to pull my hair (or their hair) out.

But the age old saying is true:absence makes the heart grow fonder.

As I see, or correspond with my students from last year, my first class, it makes me excited.  These students, just 10 years younger then me tried my patience, made me proud, and frustrated me all the time last year.  But this year, probably because I don't see them 8 hours a day, 5 days a week I love seeing them!  They rush up, tell me how much they miss 6th grade, and fill me in on their lives. Whether it's K pulling a chair up by my desk and telling me the exciting news about the cute new boy after school. Or M writing me letters, passed through her sister, I love knowing I made an impact.  But as I read this post, it appears, rather clear, that they made an impact on me.  They helped me be a better teacher and person.  



No comments:

Post a Comment