Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pregnancy #2 (14 weeks)

Call me old-fashioned, or a worry-wart, but I'm one of those people who likes to make sure, double-sure, triple-sure that everything is good in a pregnancy before I announce it from the hilltops. 

We've known are pregnant again since the beginning of November. (Trevor would claim he knew before I took the test, which I put off quite a while.) I told myself, I only have a 6 month old, my body is confused because I'm breastfeeding. I'm probably just tired...so on and so on, until he literally came home with a test. In my usual fashion, it was positive before any time went by. I still left it in the bathroom for him and Miles to go check on. This was Miles' reaction to the news.

 
It was nice to be able to tell our families at Thanksgiving, and then gradually tell more people as we got around to it. We told our grandparents/extended families over Christmas. We had our first ultrasound in the beginning of Dec, our 2nd one on Dec. 23, and our third one yesterday. So far everything looks really good with the baby.
 
I, on the other hand, have been a mess! I don't know if I'm carrying a girl or what, but this pregnancy has rocked my world. Horrible all-day sickness, headaches, crying at dumb things, greasy hair, and those are just the ones I'm typing for you to read! I joked that my favorite Christmas gift was my Zofran. It let me enjoy the holidays.
 
So far the reactions have been split, half the people we tell are shocked, and the other half expected it. We always wanted our kids close together, so we weren't exactly preventing a pregnancy and on the other hand we weren't actively trying to get pregnant. We are excited for our 2nd baby, who will be born when our first baby is 15 months old. We hope this will set them up for being not only siblings but good friends. Just a fun fact: Trevor and I are  15 months apart....but we won't talk about who's older :).
 
Here's to a happy, healthy, hopefully less rocky 2nd trimester! 

No comments:

Post a Comment