Monday, March 24, 2014

11 Month Miles

It's hard to think that nearly a year ago I had was still teaching, waiting for this boy to make his way out. Now, he's pretty much what my day revolves around.  Playtime, naptime, food-time; and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I'm trying to soak up these last few months of him being my baby and getting my full attention because soon his sister will storm into our lives. I can't wait to see him as a big brother, he's so patient and contemplative. I know he will thrive in the role of big brother.
 
 
 

 Miles knows how to wave, shake his head 'yes', growl like a lion, say a bunch of baby babbles including mama and dada (his favorite).  He loves to eat and isn't a picky eater.  Trevor wrinkles his nose up at Miles favorite food: peas with cottage cheese mixed in.  He's a healthy boy! He also eats fruits and proteins as well as becoming more confident with a sippy cup of water.

 
At 10 months, I started the weaning process, due to a nasty bite Miles 'gave me'.  After that whenever he would latch on, he would disturb the scab.  Without too many details, it turned him off drinking on one side. We were down to 3 nursing sessions a day because he's just too busy and uninterested. When faced with the decision to try to keep milk supply on just one side, I decided he was old enough to have formula supplement. Now he drinks two 6-ounce bottles a day and I'm a free woman! I'm enjoying having a few months off before Hazel is born and we start all over again.  I wouldn't trade our breastfeeding journey-- it was special to be able to feed and comfort him in that way, but I'm enjoying my 'normal boobs' again. 

 
 
He still has just the bottom two teeth.  His hair looks reddish in the sun and light brown inside. His eyebrows and eye-lashes are light blondish red. He's wearing 9 month clothes and size 4 diapers. He should be in size 3 according to his weight (20ish pounds) but they just aren't cutting it at night.

 
Miles enjoys standing and sitting but is still not a fan of crawling. He can roll himself around and scoot on his back. As much as Trevor and I try to encourage him to crawl, he seems blissfully unaware that some people move themselves around.

 
 
Miles you are such a happy boy. You make so many people smile on a daily basis. You are friendly and curious and we wouldn't change a thing about you!


1 comment: