Sunday, January 29, 2012

WHAT are you drinking?


So I may or may not have mentioned this to you ...but I've recently lost 30 lbs. It's pretty exciting. I'm finally at a size where I feel healthier, alert, and like being active. So the weightloss has tapered off, and I'd really like to keep it off. One of the many blogs I read recently did a review of the Documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". So yesterday, I watched it. (on Hulu) It actually kept my attention. I began thinking I may be down 30lbs, but I still don't eat like I should. I almost never eat breakfast (unless you count my 4+cups of coffee) and I rarely eat veggies or fruit that aren't covered in grease or sugar. So I thought about it yesterday and I figure if I cut out some of that coffee, and add some veggie/fruit juice at breakfast my body will be getting more of what it does need, and less of what it doesn't.
I'm not going all crazy and only drinking fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days, I'm just going to have it once a day at breakfast. My goal is not to lose more weight, but to eat cleaner. So today, I went to 4 different stores in search of a juicer that doesn't break the 'Teacher and Pharmacy student" budget. I found a black and decker juicer for 30 dollars that had really good reviews. After my first cup o green stuff, I'm happy with it.
Oh, and just to finalize the 'Beth has gone crazy' in your mind. I quit caffeine cold turkey yesterday. Yes my head hurts. No I'm not sure how I'm going to survive tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I think the no-caffeine will be a good thing for you. It's not that it's bad, you just don't want to NEED it in order to feel good. Better to cut it out!

    As for the juice... I don't think it's that weird. Just make sure you eat a few normal "whole" fruits and veggies on occasion. That's the way you're supposed to be getting them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete