Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hazel: 1 week

Okay, so I'm a little late with the update.  All I can say is Hazel better just get used to reading about her progress in past tense. I'm pretty sure it comes with the second child territory.  I've seen my baby records compared to my brothers, and he got the short end of the stick too.  Below is my favorite picture of me with both Miles and Hazel.  I didn't post it on facebook because I happen to be feeding Hazel at the moment when Miles wanted to climb into my lap. (Trevor lifted him up there mom, no I'm not picking him up).  He is so sweet to her and I love that she is a champ eater! 
 
 
This is my favorite picture of Trevor with the kids. He has been such a great help with Miles the last month or so as I got too pregnant to get up and down off the floor easily.  We are so blessed he gets to spend this time at home before his rotations start August first. Miles is going to miss him big time when he's gone during the day.  

 
Uncle Travis came to visit and Miles enjoyed seeing him.  I get asked a lot if Miles is  confused around Travis, since he looks sort of similar to his dad. I can't tell that he does, I think it might come when he's a little older. Right now, as long as someone is playing with him, he doesn't really care who it is.  It was great to see Travis for a bit as he was driving through.  My kids sure were blessed with some great uncles! 

 
This is Hazel at exactly one week old. She has plenty of dark hair in the back, but is sort of rocking the receding hairline on the top. She is waking up twice during the night to eat (1ish and 4ish). She usually goes back to sleep right after. I've been pumping to feed her bottles in the evening and at night.  I like to know she is getting a few ounces in her, so she stays asleep longer. I'm convinced she would just snack all day if I would let her. 

 
This is a typical scene in our house. Miles loves to pull up and look at whatever Hazel is doing.  He then will hand her whatever he has or thinks she needs. He doesn't really want to touch her, just give her things.  He has touched her foot before, but he starts wigging out if you try to let him 'hold' her.



My silly boy.  He's been teething and puts his binky in like this because he can chew on it where his upper tooth is coming in. He makes me smile countless times a day. 

This is what his sister looks like most of the day. I love her double chin.
 
 
Hazel had her first at home bath today.  Her umbilical cord stump fell off sometime last night. I still haven't found it.  She seemed to enjoy her bath, after she pooped in it and had to get the water changed. 

 
So far adjusting to two kids has been about what I thought it would be. I wouldn't call Hazel an easy baby but she's not exactly hard or fussy either.  It is practically impossible to leave the house when both kids are rested and fed. We've ventured out to the grocery store and today we spent an hour walking around a flea market, just to practice.  We love our girl and think can't wait until she's out of the floppy fish phase! (just keeping it real here)


No comments:

Post a Comment