Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

This last weekend was Labor Day.  Trevor was lucky enough to have the whole weekend off work! So we did what was usually do when presented with time off: Drove to Missouri.  This weekend we drove in our new (to us) van! I have to say, sitting in a nice comfy bucket seat with plenty of room for our 2 carseats and luggage was a welcome change. I love our Ford Focus, but it is
squish-tastic when it come so to traveling. Here is a photo of me with my new ride. It is a 2003 Dodge Caravan for those who care about that sort of thing.
 
 
Here is the inside of the van. This picture was my first solo outing with the kids in the van.  It turned out well. We got groceries without any major fits. How I've missed going to the grocery store during the day. I hate that it's so packed in the evenings.
 
Back to Labor Day- We crammed a lot into the three days we were at home. We took Hazel and Miles to see my grandparents in KC.  M & H are the 22nd and 23rd great-grandchildren. I love my grandparents and don't get to see them often, so it was a nice day.


 
We also spent time with our parents, went to church, and swam at the Hefleys!
 

 
We left full of gratitude for the people in our lives! We can't wait to move back this summer!

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment