Friday, September 17, 2010

You're too white for that...

Having a class that is primarily not Caucasian kiddos, I get told a lot that I'm too white for things.  

Dancing
Rapping

Things like that. They aren't being rude, just honest. I am too white. :) 

But until yesterday, I didn't know I was too white for Ranch Dressing.

We all had our veggie snack with ranch and a few minutes later, I noticed that all my dears had white residue on their chins, cheeks, around the corners of their lips.  I heard a couple of them asking each other if they had it/got it off. I mentioned that I didn't think I'd ever got ranch on my face.  Then one of my students raised their hand, "Mrs. Howard your face is to white to show ranch dressing.'  

hmmmmm

you know what. I think she was onto something.  I felt dumb for not realizing this before. 

then... she sealed the deal. "Mrs. Howard, I bet you've had ketchup on your face before.... (thinking to myself...yes) but ketchup doesn't show on my face."

So, I'll stick to ranch....cause I'm white enough for it :)

3 comments: