Sunday, November 6, 2011

my first earthquake

Once upon a time I was sitting in bed awake at nearly 11pm. I was playing crossword puzzles on my phone because I had drank too much coffee before bed. As I was trying to solve my game the house started slowly vibrating. Then I heard a noise that sounded like a low train passing. For about 5 seconds I asked myself...is this really happening...I live in Oklahoma. Then I did what any good educator/wife would do. I woke up Trevor. Not in fear or worry...but because I didn't want him to feel left out in the morning when everyone was talking about the earthquake. He mumbled a bit as I kept telling him, 'wake up, you'll miss it'. Then our room shook for about 30 more seconds. I couldn't quite tell when it was actually all over. My dear husband rolled over and went back to sleep, and I of course, posted on facebook. Because that's what you do when something monumental happens.

5.6 Oklahoma 11/5/11 --My first Earthquake

I kinda liked it...definitely a rush.

1 comment:

  1. See, I didn't like it all. I really did not think earthquakes were something I had to worry about in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete