Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week 30

I'm already kicking myself for not writing more about this pregnancy.  Not that I think Miles will care one tiny little bit.  I remember myself asking friends who had been pregnant about when certain things happened and them being able to kinda tell me. Now I'm getting those questions.. when did you start showing? When could Trevor feel the baby? When did you get more energy....and I can sort of remember.

I can not believe we are into the final countdown of single digit weeks.  9 weeks, 4 days? Although, my great friend Delivery Nurse Mandy, told me if I make it to 38 weeks I'm golden.  I'm hoping/praying/telling the universe that Miles WILL be a small baby THEN get glorious and chubby.  So if you see me trekking around the neighborhood with a bottle of caster-oil at 38 weeks, that's why.

I go to the doctor Monday for my 31 week appointment and I'm hoping he'll tell me when my last day at school can be.  Goal: Don't go into labor at school.  I also am already waddling from my classroom to the office as few times each day as humanly possible.  Seriously, my students do 3/4 of my errands and I love it.  I'm also excited/nervous at the fact that I'm not going to teach next year.  I wonder how I'll feel next fall when all my teacher friends are getting their classrooms geared up. A lot of praying and penny pinching and my plan is to be home cleaning our house, reading books to Miles, and spending more time with Trevor as he finishes his last year of classes before his Pharmacy rotations.

Public Announcement: I don't care how you give birth.  Choose a c-section, all the (legal) drugs you want, push that baby out at home. I don't give one iota.  Why do other woman care so much about how others give birth? You got that baby there, you get it out. Seems easy.

I've been finding out more and more awesome people who I know will be giving birth in 2013.  I think it's going to be a good year to be born.  Miles will be in some very good company.  I felt more excited about their baby news then my own.  (Probably because I was in shock that it happened so fast) Anyway, take comfort world, 2013 is going to be a good year of kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, I was told that unless I had a high-risk pregnancy, my last day of work would be basically "when I have the baby." (That is, as it pertains to getting your short-term disability payments from your employer.) But you had this appointment last week. Did they tell you anything different?

    So glad you're going to get to stay at home!

    ReplyDelete