Sunday, November 17, 2013

6 Month Check-up

Miles Man,

You've been here almost 7 months, but somehow each month I get later at scheduling your doctor's appointment.  We went last week, right on your dad's 27th birthday. Like usual, the doctor said you were doing everything right on track.  He encouraged us to give you some soft solids so you could start learning to chew. So far you've attempted: kiwi, banana, avocado, sweet potato.  You also eat pureed veggies, basically everything but green beans. You think it's better to spit those out. But, I'm not giving up on them! You tolerate fruits.  You always make a sour face when you eat them. We my give you fruits 1/4 the time. I'm fine with you mostly eating veggies. For protein, you mostly eat egg yolk. Oh and breast milk, you still nurse 5-6 times a day.

 
Here you are a the doctor. You loved the crinkly paper. You weighed 17.4 lbs and were 27 inches long.  Your head finally evened out at 47cm.  You are in the 50th percentile.  I love this picture show the sheer fatness of your little feet. They are so thick! You also don't really have wrists...just little pudgy rings around your hand. :)
 
You still love to make lots of noise. You say something that sounds a lot like "hi" and you love to say "ahhhh" I know these probably mean nothing, but it's the easiest way to type your sounds. You smile constantly and are fixated on your feet and lips. You love to suck your lips in, so it looks like your an old man who lost his dentures.
 
 
You still bring joy to our lives daily. We couldn't love you more!


1 comment:

  1. Great post, Beth! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete