Saturday, March 31, 2012

a short problem

it's 80 degrees in March here in good ole Oklahoma. Last year when summer rolled around I weighed 30 lbs more than I do now and wore shorts I'd had since high school. Much to my mother and husband's relief I threw away all those 2004 stretched out size 10-12 pants/capris/shorts and large shirts.

So today the temps rise and I have to go find some new clothes. I HATE HATE HATE spending money on clothes and doctors (but that's another story). I had to roll my one remaining pair of old capri's three times at the waist to get them to stay up long enough to head to Ross and Old Navy to find some new spring attire. It was sad.

The good news is I found new shorts (size 5/6) new shirts (size small) and a new bra (also smaller) (boo). I'm happy with the $106 dollars I spent on my summer wardrobe. If the last summer wardrobe is any indication, I won't have to buy new summer clothes for 8 years. (GRIN)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only girl that hates shopping. I also wear the same clothes FOREVER. I need to go shopping too, but I'm telling myself I'm going to lose my baby weight first :) Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bought a ton of pants to wear to work today! gordman's had a TON of cute capris! you're already done but keep that in mind for next time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete