Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 16

So my doctor and I are on different pages on how far along I am. Today I went to see him for what he thinks is my 16 week appointment. (I think I'm around 14w 6d) I HOPE he's right!

It took him a bit to find the heartbeat because baby H was doing flips around in my stomach. 

He looked at me and said, don't worry I'll find it.  I wasn't worried until he said that.

The baby's heartbeat was in the 150s. A bit down from it's 173 four weeks ago but still very much healthy and right where he wants it. 

I had to get a breast exam and pap smear.  Can I just say, I haven't had either in nearly 5 years (pre-marriage) It was a lot better this time. Still not fun. I guess I don't need to feel self-conscience because I will eventually be, you know, having a baby.

I really think my doctor is the best! He agreed to do my gender ultrasound on Dec 17th so we would know when we go home for Christmas!

Happy baking baby!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have something fun planned for the reveal for your family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're already in the 2nd trimester! Everyone's pregnancy is VERY different, as you'll figure out, but for me- my 1st trimester was completely crappy but it's been smooth sailing since then. I hope yours is similar! Hope to see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They count pregnancy weeks from the date of your last period even though you technically fertilize the egg roughly two weeks later when you ovulate. I think you and your doctor are technically both right.

    ReplyDelete