Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hazel @ 4 weeks

Okay, Hazel you will be 4 weeks tomorrow, so instead of admitting I'm 6 days behind on your 3 week update, we'll pretend I'm ahead of your 4 week.

Girl, you are fussy.  I mean that in the most loving, yet annoyed, motherly way.  I think your brother was fussy at this age too, but I honestly don't remember it. I think a lot of it is that you are awake so much more than he was. You literally can go hours without sleeping, and this isn't for lack of me trying. We swaddle you, rock you, hold you, lay you down everything to get you to nap on the eat-wake-sleep cycle. You just won't have it. Your preferred cycle is eat-wake-eat-wake-fuss-eat-sleep. This does make for some good 5 hour nighttime stretches, so I guess it all evens out.

You are not only alert and awake you are also strong. You grab onto my shirt and arm with so much force, you can hold your head and turn it around. I have a feeling you may walk before your brother..kidding (mostly).

 
You are wearing size 1 diapers. You can still fit in newborn, but they don't sell big boxes of those, and I don't have time to run to the store once a week. You mostly wear 0-3 size clothing because we don't have many newborn sized items. The onesie in this picture is a 3 month.  The length is perfect, but you don't fill it out yet. Sister, you are long.  And your feet are tiny. They are adorable!
 
Here's to the next 4 weeks bringing more sleep, more smiles, and less 'floppy fish phase'.
 
Love,
Mama and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment