Tuesday, July 5, 2011

30 days, 30 tasks?

First day to report back to school: Aug 6th
First day with students: Aug 11

So, this is going to come as a shock to those of you who know me, (grin) I'm not that organized. My mother would put it more extreme than that. My co-workers would probably agree. My friends love me anyway.

So, as much as a I love being a teacher, I feel like my best teaching moments happen on the fly. I'm good at thinking up an engaging activity moments before, or during a lesson. I choose to think that it keeps me, and the students on their toes.

But that being said, oh lesson plans, oh file system, oh classroom managment records. oh baby oh

So, in order to become a more organized, and I dare say a more efficient teacher I'm going to try to do something small each day for the next 30 days, to save myself time later.

enter today. I recently found out that a grade/subject switch might be in the works for me!!! So today I worked on Math Vocabulary Cards. I found a link on www.proteacher.net for a website for pre-made cards! They are organized in alphebetical order, so it makes it easy to grab the ones you need! I went through our district calendar and found all the vocab for the year and organized them on my computer (and back up thumb drive). So each 9 weeks, I'll just need to print them off and put them up. What I love about them is that they were made by an ELL teacher (4-6grade) so they are very visual. Words+Pictures= comprehension in my book.

**Let me know if you are interested in the direct link to the vocabulary cards**

One small step today,
Mrs. H

1 comment:

  1. Yay you!

    I haven't been able to plan much. I requested a pacing calendar, but never received it. I may go ahead an create my own and align later. You know me, planned to the hilt!

    ReplyDelete