ten things about today
1. I woke up wondering if I was out of my mind for switching to younger kids. Could they be self-sufficient? Would they need entertaining every moment of the day?
2. I got to school and had to walk thru the cafeteria because the back door where I usually enter was locked. They cafeteria ladies were actually NICE. I didn't get my head bit off, instead I got welcomed!
3. I had to check people's enrollment status and bills to verify with names of parents. It was an odd feeling to look at someone elses' bills and asking if they rent or own their own house. I felt intrusive
4. I was pleasently surprised by how supportive and enjoyable the parents were. Most of them appeared at my door with at least 4 kids total and appeared to be my age.
5. These kids are a lot more excited about school than then ones I'm used to.
6. My feet and knees hurt froms standing all day
7. I took my lunch to school instead of eating out..in an effort to save money and eat healthier
8. I appreciate the helpful, friendly teachers at HP while missing my favorite teachers in the world who are at GUES...I wonder if that will ever change
9. I could not be more thankful for my new principal, who is truely the GREATEST
10. I learned how to send orders to the district print shop, so they will make all my copies for me, and then deliver them to my room!!!